SUBMISSIONS are CLOSED
Student Art Contest
CONFLICT AND RESOLUTION
Deadline March 2, 2013
verb (used without object)
1. to come into collision or disagreement; be contradictory, at variance, or in opposition; clash
2. a resolve or determination: to make a firm resolution to do something.
3. the act of resolving or determining upon an action or course of action, method, procedure, etc.
4. the mental state or quality of being resolved or resolute; firmness of purpose.
5. the act or process of resolving or separating into constituent or elementary parts.
ELIGIBILTY: Ninth – 12th grade public, private and home-schooled high school students in Dallas/ Fort Worth and surrounding areas
PRIZES: First place – $1,000
Second place – $750
Third place – $500
ENTRY FEE: None
PIECES PER STUDENT: One piece per student. Diptychs will be accepted as long as they remain within the acceptable dimensions.
SIZE REQUIREMENTS: Maximum 36 x 36 inches. All entries must be ready to hang. Size restrictions
do not include matting.
- Original color, film and digital photos
- Drawings and paintings may be in any desired medium but please make sure that charcoals and pastels are properly affixed and will not rub off.
- Video entries will be accepted and film entries must be accompanied by projector.
- Mixed media/ printmaking
Student’s name, address, email and phone number must be written on the back of the submission.
All students must turn in a completed Contest Entry Form along with their work in order to be eligible for a prize. All works submitted will be available for pick up at the Foundation following the conclusion of the contest.
RESTRICTIONS: No nudes, drug use, violence or inappropriate subject matter will be accepted.
DROP OFF: Deadline is Saturday, March 2, 2013
Students or teachers must drop off or mail entries to:
The Goss-Michael Foundation
1405 Turtle Creek Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75207
Tues. – Fri. 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Sat. 11 a.m – 4 p.m.
For more information contact: Brenda Matamoros, Educational Programs
214-696-0555 x 104
JUDGING: The awards reception will be held Saturday, March 9 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. In addition, the winners will be featured in our monthly newsletter and on the website, www.gossmichaelfoundation.org.
PICK UP: All entries must be picked up by 4 p.m. on Saturday, March 9. There will be no storage after this time. If you cannot pick up your work, we must receive written consent from you stating someone will be picking up your art, that person will be asked to show ID.